1) Are you committed to leading the Liberal Democrats, or would you rather lead some rebranded “centre party” with a load of Blairite and Cameroon MPs who don’t even have the support of their own parties?
2) Are you committed to fighting to stay in the European Union?
3) Will you also fight to stay within the Single Market, or are you more interested in people’s “legitimate concerns” about immigrants?
4) Do you believe that gay-“cure”-like torture “treatments” for autism like the discredited ABA are in any way acceptable?
5) Do you believe that it is acceptable to write articles about autism which have the input of “autism parents” but not of actual autistic people?
6) Will you commit to keeping to the party’s proposals to reverse benefits cuts and get rid of the “bedroom tax”?
7) How will you deal with anonymous briefing from “senior Lib Dem sources” that you’re useless?
8) What are your thoughts on electoral pacts with other parties?
9) What would your single biggest campaign issue be were a General Election to be called tomorrow?
10) Can you answer uncomfortable questions like those above, ones that might make you horribly unpopular in the press, with the party, or both, with a simple, straightforward answer, or will you give a waffly evasive non-answer that will come back to bite us in two years and cause massive infighting?