Decision about book revision (see previous post)

I’ve decided that I will revise the book, since all the people saying I shouldn’t are cis people who would not be personally offended by it, while the small number of trans people who’ve responded have said it would be a good thing to do.

However, nobody has said it is an urgent thing to do, and I’m behind on various writing commitments, have my in-laws visiting in a week’s time, and am standing for election in a little over two weeks’ time. I’ve also been having multiple anxiety attacks over the last week.

For that reason, I’ve decided that I will do the revision on Spring Bank Holiday weekend. I’m off work on the 22nd and 23rd of May anyway, for the election and to recover afterward, so then I’ll have three days clear to get the actual changes made.

To mollify my desire not to change the historical record, I will leave the original version of the essay on my blog, unedited, but with a note saying that the language in question has been modified in the second edition of the book.

However, I have very poor executive functioning, and this means I’m not good at keeping to plans. If, on May 26th, I haven’t announced that the new edition is up and ready, could people please poke me, either on Twitter, Tumblr, or in the comments here, saying “why haven’t you done the new edition yet”? It’s the only way I can be sure of getting it done.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s